25 de março de 2010

in memorium

.
jim marshall feburuary 3, 1936 - march 24, 2010
.
.








Miles at Home 1963 / Miles Davis in his New York City apartment.


John Coltrane 1960 Berkley, CA "Here's one of my favorite pictures. John Coltrane taken at the home of Ralph Gleason, the late Chronicle jazz critic in 1960. John and I had met at the Jazz Workshop and we were talking backstage. John says, 'Well, I gotta do this interview with Ralph Gleason tomorrow, how do I get to Berkeley?' I said, 'I'll drive you.' So I picked him up at the hotel and drove him, and that's where I took the pictures." –Jim Marshall

.





of Monk at the 1963 / Monterey Jazz Festival also graced the cover of the 1964 Columbia LP, It's Monk's Times
.
............................

.............................

Um comentário:

A n d r e a disse...

P U T Z !!
não sei qual dos posts ta mais tesão cris. Eu vi a Blur Magazine
so-be-ra-nA !!
muá